Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My First Call Girl Experience... haha that's how a real agent calls it



Sa tingin ko dapat english to. part din to ng paglalakwatsa ko.

Yup! Im one of the thousands who tried this job. Working late at night and earning loads of money for just chatting with other people... and answering calls.. haha

I was a Call Center Agent for Teletech Bacoor for six months, working for Telstra, an Australian Telecommunications Company. It was such a fun job that I found it hard to quit. But well I have to. School is still waiting for me to come back! yahoo!

At first, I was kind of hesitant to apply for this job. Who wouldn't? Although I was 18 that time and qualified for all the requirements. They saw me as a 15 year old kid.

I had my NEO (orientation) Sept 08, 2008 and started my ACE (Grammar and Speech Training) the next day 9th. It lasted for a week. It's from 4 pm to 12 pm. Oh God I love this shift! Its perfect for me. We had the Product Training the week after. Unlike ACE, this lasted for a month. It's from 12pm to 8 am. The evil shift. I tried to sleep for an hour instead of taking my midnight lunch. Well at least I earned a lot during this shift. Anyways, I can say that this training was suppose to teach us all about the job and how it is done. I say, probably at least I learned 10% on this training. haha.. What I really learned were techniques on how to win charades and taboo! Randy and Rocky really know how to keep us awake. Love you guys! I made a lot of friends too and each of them have a different story to tell. I have Rose, Jill and Camille by my side to keep me awake. Of course the others were very nice to me as well. I was the baby of the batch. I really enjoyed everyones attention back then. I had lots of ates and kuyas. This month was hilarious! We had so much fun preparing for the real thing.

Welcome to Telstra Mobile. My name is Marie. My delta number is 345842. Can I have your name and dealer details, Please?



October 13, was the first day on the production floor, first day of real calls. Believe me. I wasn't ready to take in calls that day and for that almost 30 calls I received maybe I only processed 2 requests correctly. I'm very happy I had ate Jamie beside to help me. i couldnt even understand what they are saying. Oh I hate the Aussie accent. After that day, I don't even want to come back to work. I hate feeling that way that I can hardly do anything right. The tenured agents told me that I'll get used to it in 2 weeks time, so I tried to reach at least 2 weeks and perhaps they were right. I managed to survive. It suddenly became like a piece of cake as months go by. I was a fast learner, I guess.

I got used to hearing the dealers may it be they're in a nice mood, irate or requesting for a supervisor. Oh how I love when this happens, I can always put them on hold for as long as they want! haha or sometimes it's even better to release the call. Oh cmon don't say that you never did this once in your call center life! Your not a real agent if you haven't done this. Ok so I have released calls a couple of times. Please, I already resigned I cannot be issued a file note for this, right? haha.

Dealers were not the people who completed my every work day. I met new people in the production floor. There were more ates and kuyas around to help me out and my TL Ivy is always there to answer any supervisor calls I have. They can never stand not helping me when I needed one. They really made me feel special, I was really treated like a baby. That is why when I decided to resign they were the people who went really sad. I had to say that I'll be leaving. I had to miss some things that I was long waiting for, like ate Rose's new baby, kuya Jolly's return from uptraining and many more. I had to say bye bye to the people who helped me out when I don't know what to do, kuya Yuri, ate Jen, momi Roi, dadi Dan, Tin, and a lot more.

Well, I will never forget how they helped me survived my first job. It will be pretty hard if they were not there. I will never forget how we enjoyed Christmas day together going to work at around 2am and going to work everyday wishing that Siebel will be down.. hahaha

Teletech will be trully special to me. It was my first job ever. It helped me earn loads of money that I have never imagined. Now, I can at least help out sending myself back to school with my own money. It was only six months but I thought it would be enough to gain experience, meet new friends and learn a lot of new things. Well then..

Thank You for calling Telstra Mobile. Have a nice day!


No comments:

Post a Comment